Very-large-scale integration (VLSI) is the process of creating an integrated circuit (IC) by combining thousands of transistors into a single chip. VLSI circuits are everywhere from your computer to your car, your brand new state-of-the-art digital camera, cell phones, and whatever electronics item you have. VLSI lets IC designers add all of these into one chip.
Electronics engineers who are strong in electronics design fundamentals, and have mathematical and analytical aptitude, coupled with an interest in design and verification, can grow into good VLSI talent.
There is a lot of Career Opportunities in this field like frontend designer, backend designer, AMS (Analog Mixed Signal) designer, Library developer, IP design engineer, Verification Engineers, EDA tool / Board validation engineer, Field Application Engineer, Tech Support Engineer, Product Application Engineer.
The opportunity is huge but to avail this you must be equipped with proper training which includes:
- Proficiency in Digital Electronics Design
- FPGA Architecture
- RTL coding using HDL (VHDL, Verilog)
- Test bench writing using HDL
- Verification Methodologies
- Protocol knowledge
- Knowledge of Synthesis, Simulation etc.
- MOS based design
Considering the above facts we have designed our training in three stages of learning, they are as follows:
1. VLSI Design : VHDL (Front End VLSI)
2. VLSI Design : Verilog (Front End VLSI)
3. VLSI Design: EDA Tools (Back End VLSI)